>Catching up 8-25 Type and how to measure it.
- Type weight - Type weight is a product of the stroke(width)
- Type width - It is the width of the type from side to side
- Type style - are variations on a font and still in the same font family, ie. black, ultra and old style
- How is type measured in inches, mm, points or picas
- Point - is the smallest form of typographical measurement 1/12p or 1/72"
- Pica - a typographical unit of measurment, 1/6" or 1/76'
- How many points in an inch? - 72
- If a letter is set in 36 pts about how many inches tall is it? .5"
- How many picas in an inch? - 6
- How many points in a pica? - 12
- X-height - is the maximum height of a lowercase character
- Cap height - is the maximum height of the uppercase character, it is also the maximum height for the typeface.
- Leading - is the spacing between lines of copy